The FreeBSD Release Engineering Team is pleased to announce the availability of FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE. This is the first release of the stable/12 branch.
Some of the highlights:
* OpenSSL has been updated to version 1.1.1a (LTS).
* Unbound has been updated to version 1.8.1, and DANE-TA has been
enabled by default.
* OpenSSH has been updated to version 7.8p1.
* Additonal capsicum(4) support has been added to sshd(8).
* Clang, LLVM, LLD, LLDB, compiler-rt and libc++ has been updated to
* The vt(4) Terminus BSD Console font has been update to version 4.46.
* The bsdinstall(8) utility now supports UEFI+GELI as an installation
* The VIMAGE kernel configuration option has been enabled by default.
* The NUMA option has been enabled by default in the amd64 GENERIC and
MINIMAL kernel configurations.
* The netdump(4) driver has been added, providing a facility through
which kernel crash dumps can be transmitted to a remote host after a
* The vt(4) driver has been updated with performance improvements,
drawing text at rates ranging from 2- to 6-times faster.
* Various improvements to graphics support for current generation
* Support for capsicum(4) has been enabled on armv6 and armv7 by
* The UFS/FFS filesystem has been updated to consolidate
TRIM/BIO_DELETE commands, reducing read/write requests due to fewer
TRIM messages being sent simultaneously.
* The NFS version 4.1 server has been updated to include pNFS server support.
* The pf(4) packet filter is now usable within a jail(8) using vnet(9).
* The bhyve(8) utility has been updated to add NVMe device emulation.
* The bhyve(8) utility is now able to be run withing a jail(8).
* Various Lua loader(8) improvements.
* KDE has been updated to version 5.12.5.
* And more...